Snow gates in Scotland (2023 Update)

I don't care what they do, I just use fuses. And the equivalent to GFCI in the UK is just "earth leakage breaker" - we say ground for electronic circuits, and earth for mains We also don't call a wire hot when that's the last thing it should be. Anyway GFCI or whatever you call them are the pesky ones that trip for no reason. Usually something like operating a microwave oven (which have natural earth leakage), or I used an earth instead of a neutral because it happened to be there.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That's the usage in the US. I let my CDL lapse but I had double/triple trailers, tanker, and hazmat endorsements. My regular license has a motorcycle endorsement.

Reply to
rbowman

I was conversing on Facebook about installing ice baths, converted ones from chest freezers. And all the wimpy Merkins were going on and on about GFCI. So er.... they're in the main fusebox anyway? You guys actually fit them seperately for each outlet?

Pretty insane really, people brave enough to go in ice cold water afraid of your pathetic little 120V.

I wonder if you take more precautions because you still haven't worked out how to put plastic sleeves on your plug pins? Or put a fuse inside the plug, so it's rated suitable for the appliance, not the outlet.

On another forum, there was discussion about bitcoin mining, someone "kept tripping the 15A breaker" because he was using two 1kW power supplies. ROFL! I can draw over 6kW off one double outlet.

Is there a shortage of electricity over there or something?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Easy enough, you just put the front trailer where you want the front of the back trailer to be.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

We call those categories and are stupidly listed as something like ab2CdfH, where each of a, b2, C, f, f and H mean something, and capital letters are completely different things.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

To avoid weakening the sidewall, they are a raised moulding. You would have to find a way of gluing one on.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Technically. The press usually holds a trial before the defendant ever gets to court for high profile stuff like the alleged Idaho murderer that's all over the front pages now. I have no idea how they get an untainted jury.

Reply to
rbowman

I was bicycling one evening through an unfamiliar neighborhood with the sun in my eyes when I hit a speed bump. Taco'd the front wheel and did a face plant. I was not very happy. There are speed bumps where I live but I know where they are.

Reply to
rbowman

2018 Toyota. iirc the original Mini had 12" tires, sort of like a garden tractor.
Reply to
rbowman

They could try one composed of illiterate people who don't own a TV.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

When I went out yesterday I noticed a new set of ruts in a snowbank on a

25 mph corner. Judging from the rut width it was a 4WD pickup driver who found out about the laws of physics, coefficients of friction, and all that stuff.

The house on the outside corner going the other way started with an ornate white wooden fence. Now they're up to railroad ties and a hardware store's worth of reflectors. Somebody will drive through it before winter's end.

Reply to
rbowman

'Stability control' isn't useful if you want to have fun. I've had it stop the car entirely on a dirt road until I promised to drive like an adult.

Reply to
rbowman

Right. It's FWD and applies the brakes on the spinning wheel to transfer the power to the other one. If that one also spins it has a mental breakdown and brakes both wheels. With the newer model you can hold the button down and turn traction/stability control off but it will reset when the car is turned off. Better than nothing.

Reply to
rbowman

3D rubber printing?
Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If you had your camera or phone with you, you should have taken a photo of your bike on the ground, and of your face bleeding, then made a complaint to the council. Are they called councils in America?

There are speedbumps near here which are painted on! Why would anyone fall for this?

Commander Kinsey

You mean lawnmower?

And if I squat down, I can't actually stand up without the help of an arm. So carrying a wheel is rather difficult.

15", that belongs on a kid's toy!
Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Yip, we let the f****ng press into courts too. High time we just shot them all, nobody likes a nosy fucker.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Isn't that 50% of Merkins?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Why not erect a very solid wall and destroy any idiot that hits it? Even better, thick steel posts hidden in a hedge.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Adultery isn't all it's made out to.... oh hang on. I don't think I meant that word.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey