Smoke alarm recommendations

That's a shame, seeing it's got to be surface wiring.[1] Does the interlinking have to be physically separate from the electricity supply?

[1] It would be very inconvient to do otherwise.
Reply to
Roger Hayter

I thought you said you wanted battery detectors.

So where has the electricity supply come from?

Reply to
ARW

I prefer battery ones but three of them have to be wired together because they are behind a thick stone wall, and separated from each other by a second thich stone wall. DECT and Wifi don't work through these walls so I doubt if the wireless for the alarms will either. Mains can come from a new fused spur if it absolutely has to.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

That might have to be the answer with a RF heat.

Note that the orientation of the bases is helpful to their signal.

Reply to
ARW

Thanks. It sounds as though that is the way it's got to be done! Do you need to run a signal cable separate from the mains or can you use multicore? I've got some 5 X 0.75mm somewhere.

Reply to
Roger Hayter