Smoke alarm alarm

I havent seen it before, but its my only device that uses those batteries and I replace that battery very rarely, only after a few years.

Reply to
Fred

Well, quite. But I could imagine some users being tricked into thinking that Duracells have some unique property and that any other (especially cheaper) make might not function correctly - and for a safety device that could be worrying.

Reply to
Bert Coules

and their no leak guarantee is not worth the paper it might be written on.....

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart

Most instructions for this sort of thing contain reams and reams of totally irrelevant information. To please the lawyers. To the point where few read them carefully.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News