VAX RAPID POWER REVIVE Carpet Washer

I bought this machine a few days ago and have used it twice. It doesn't seem to suck up the dirty water. All that is in the dirty water tank are a few bits of damp fluff. I've checked the suction and it's fine. Any ideas?

Reply to
Amanda Arnold

vids of it don't seem to suggest anything, other than a float in the dirty water tank, is that free to move?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Has it got a two position flap that is in the wrong position. My very old VAX carpet cleaner has two modes i) wash carpet and pick up water from the front of the machine ii) use remote tube and hand tool There is a flap to change from where the water is sucked up.

Reply to
alan_m