smart phones

'Three little word' derived from a smart phone, before the call on the glovebox dumb phone?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

If you have a smartphone, why do you need a dumbphone?

Reply to
Theo

I don't think that is legal anymore. A common trick at untoileted farm auction sales is to stand and piddle behind the opened door of your vehicle:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

or death

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

totly

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

because my nokia 1100 dumb phone is very small can survive dropping ....worth about £4 ....can read the display in daylight ...battery lasts all week...got hands free nokia unit in the car that when You plug it in it charges...has buttons and can work it by feel....that is why...Oh and I don't get bombarded with adverts

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

like dogs

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

can do

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

I was in deepest east glasgow and got caught short years ago and pissed between the front and back door in a deserted industrial area.....then the cops turned up....

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

been using it for about 20 years and every time I try a android phone it is so incvonvenient I allways go bak to the 1100

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

and I can sit on it

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

More fool you, luddite.

More fool you, luddite.

Reply to
farter

..... and?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Not even all wimmin. One of the indian, presumably illegal, here, just pissed on the front lawn in front of everyone where we were waiting for the garage sale to open.

Reply to
Rod Speed

They had a pissing contest.

Reply to
Tim Streater

You wouldn't be using the glovebox dumb phone if the smartphone is working.

Reply to
farter

None of which is relevant if you use the smartphone to get the 3 little words to use on the stupidphone call to the AA,

Reply to
Rod Speed

That's because of your ear to ear dog shit.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I found with one of them, thy claimed to offer a discount if using the phone pay option. Then I found they actually charged more. On querying it, it turns out that they charge you 20p each time they send you a text. So that is 20p to tell you your parking has started (i.e. what it just said on the screen of the app!), 20p warning that is will be due to end in 10 mins, and then 20p to say it has ended.

You can turn these texts off in the settings, but the default is on.

Reply to
John Rumm

1G has already been switched off. 3G is being switched off in 2023 (Vodaphone), and 2024 (EE, Three). 2G will live on after, although the drop dead date is 2033. Most will probably switch that off before. (note three has no 2G capability at all)
Reply to
John Rumm