smart phones

Does anybody else worry about the need to carry a smart phone in the near future to travel by train or even have a piss?......we won't need identity cards just a phone to be tracked in everything we do........

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

you have to pay by smart phone

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

Jim Stewart ... snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote

Nope, I know that when it comes to the crunch I can piss anywhere I like.

Trivial to turn it off if you don't want to be tracked raping haggises.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Not if you piss anywhere you like.

Reply to
Rod Speed

What is the problem? Some person on the radio says the next generation phones will still leave a tiny bit switched on for tracking purposes, when you turn it off, but those who care can always put their phones in a metal box. Everything has pros and cons after all. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I do have a smart phone but don't carry it with me quite everywhere, e.g. if I'm out on my 'bike it often stays locked in the top box and in the car it's in the door cubbyhole.

Also I don't have a Google account that the 'phone is attached to, it has no 'accounts' on it, so Google doesn't have many hooks in me.

Reply to
Chris Green

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ron you are a card

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

I was saying that there isn't one.

Just because some fool claims something...

Or leave it at home when you plan to murder someone.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Around here, in several of the council carparks, the coin slot Pay-and-Display machines have, mysteriously and in unison, all gone 'out-of-order'. The 'how-to-pay' notices tell you can also use RingGo, or failing that call some phone number, or failing that "Fuck off and find an alternative car park". I have to say that I find this one hell of a presumption to expect every motorist to have a mobile phone. [It doesn't really say "Fuck off", but I'm sure that's what they are really saying.]

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Isn’t progress wonderful? No more being blocked from public loos because you don’t have the right change.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Many people WITH smartphones don't like having to use them all the time

- having to stand for 5+ minutes to pay, because you've not paid that way for long enough, that they have suspended your account or not being able to park at all, because your phone is flat. That also ignores that they charge extra on-top to pay by phone!

Reply to
SteveW

Bullshit.

Never happened to me.

I'm not actually stupid enough to let it go flat and that is much less likely now with wireless charging if you have enough of a clue ot have the charger where you put the phone down when you aren't actually using it.

Bullshit they do.

Reply to
farter

stuff them

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

shocking

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

Edinburgh bus station bogs had a change machine......

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

In a civilized world, public toilets would be free.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

A few years back I was in Bridgnorth, Shropshire and one of the public toilets there only let you in with contactless Debit or Credit Card. Unfortunately for a group of American tourists none of their cards worked. (I took pity on them and and my card was debited with another 60p)

Reply to
alan_m

Given that 96% of those in the 16-24 years old group and only 78% of over 55s own a smartphone, this is indirect age discrimination.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

When the replacement battery on my iPhone 6S wears out, I shall go back to using an old clamshell mobile with no smarts at all. There's nearly nothing one can do on a smartphone that I actually *want* to do.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Civilized people would not vandalise free toilets or use them for anti-social purposes. Hence the Japanese can enjoy free loos - even ones with smart glass walls and doors.

Robin