Smart Meters

But the entire cost of the smart meters will be passed onto the customers so the energy companies will not oppose it.

Reply to
Mark

This is the new way of doing business.

Euro makeMeCash(void) { extern long bollocks; extern float consumerEarnings; char *legislators[]; int technology, legislation; float income; do { technology=rand(bollocks); } while(!canBePlausiblyMadeOutToBeGreen(technology)); //we now have a random plausibly green technology based on random bollocks. legislators=signUpSuitableLegislatorsInEUHierarchy(technology); legislation=getEuDirectiveDrawnUp(legislators,technology); income=ForceConsumerToPay(legislation, ConsumerEarnings); ConsumerEarnings -= income; spin(income, MoreGreenJobs()); return (income); }

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I noticed on my bill that they are going back to standing charges, I guess that's because of people cutting down on consumption they'll be spending less and the componaies will make less profit.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I beleive in code re-use.

void Left_Algorithm() { generic_algorithm(true); }

void Right_Algorithm { generic_algorithm(false); }

void generic_algorithm(bool left) {

if (findSomethingWrong(0)) { if (left) blamePreviousToryGovernment(); else blamePreviousLabourGovernment()

You can guess the rest...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

switch (party) { case Labour: BlameThatcher(); break; case Tory: BlameLabour(); break; case Green: BlameGlobalWarming(); break; case SinnFein: case SNP: BlameTheEnglish(); break; case UKIP: BlameEurope(); break. case LiberalDemocrats: BlameGod(); BlameThe Electorate(); BlameEveryoneElse(); BurstIntoTears(); break; }

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher