Bloody smart meters

so

last month I got my smart meter

and this month what do I get?

email with "It's time to supply us with your readings"

Reply to
tim...

And people wonder why I'm not wasting my time having one fitted.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

They can't even get estimated readings anywhere near right. I know that it should be the same as the same quarter last year to within a fiver plus or minus, simple as that. As trustworthy with tech as the Post office and their "Horizon" accounting package, cui bono there, we still don't know .

Reply to
N_Cook

tim... brought next idea :

Probably just an automatic send. Check they are receiving your consumption readings on line.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

In the case of our village hall they aren't. It failed 2 months after installation for no mobile signal service visit and again six months after that (they gave up at that point). We already have the highest gain antenna that they can stick on it.

My own house will be even worse for mobile signal level. They are agitating to replace my antediluvian counter rotating dials one! (it has recently clocked itself modulo maximum possible reading)

Reply to
Martin Brown

When Ovo installed my smart meters a few years ago it took a while for them to get the automatic reading/billing organised. (No longer with Ovo so smart meters no longer smart.)

Reply to
Peter Johnson

I guess you are right

I'm not going to supply them with a reading and will seed what happens

I can always correct it later

Reply to
tim...