Slightly Oy: microwave

Pah went to use the mivcrowave this morning and the sodding things not working. All the lights and display work but when you put something in to heat it won't heat.

Tried disconnecting it for a bit to see if that wishfully would work but not luck.

Anyone have any idea what might be wrong with it ?

Looks like I'll have to get a new one. Only had this one for a couple of years with quite low use i would say.

Reply to
James

I was warned a long time ago never to tamper inside a MW has they hold voltage for along time. I know TV's etc do this too, but for the price of a new MW these days, it ain't really worth it.

Reply to
SantaUK

The one we have sometimes didn't work when the door was closed. I opened it up and adjusted the position of some microswitches. These were supposed to be activated by the latches in the door.

It was pretty easy to adjust them as you could hear if the switches were clicking when the door closed. No need to have the mains plugged in! (thank God)

Reply to
pjlusenet

In message , James writes

If you don't know what you're doing or have the right test equipment, then you should leave it alone

e.g. if it's the capacitor or diode in the HT, do you know how to test them? are you aware that it might have a lethal voltage on it if it's charged up ?

Reply to
geoff