Sliding mitre saw

In article , Dave Plowman (News) writes

I gave this one some abuse in the store before buying and I couldn't find a noticeable twist on any axis but on getting it home I have noticed that for the cleanest edge on a long cut that the plunge before slide needs to be gentle and unforced. If brutal the deviation is small and perhaps that was the blade moving a bit.

Thanks for that, it was your post in the earlier thread that reminded me that I needed a 12" cut which was beyond the Aldi offering. Thanks also to Andy Dingley for the no nonsense comments and the 30mm arbour info.

Weight wise however this is a monster and I wouldn't get one if I didn't need it for the longer cuts.

Reply to
fred

michaelkelly167

If it's this one

similar I bought one two years ago for £99. With care the thing can deliver good accurate results, but of course it isn't like one costing £400. I've used mine a lot and it shows no signs of wearing out. The lazer gadget is totally useless.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

or similar I bought one two years ago for £99. With care the thing can

I have an earlier B&Q one - A PP, again with a 10" blade, and I'd agree with your comments. If I were using one professionally every day then a DeWalt or whatever might pay for itself, but is just too expensive for me for DIY.

To make it near perfect would need less friction in the slide and locks for the common angles - and less noise. But all in all I'm happy with it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)