Sir - is that a sign of age

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 16:41:11 +0100, newshound wrote:

I wouldn't want to speak to him at all. Although I came close at the Buck House garden party.

I said hello to him
he said hello back
(end of meeting "famous" person experience)
tim
On 13/07/2019 11:01, tim... wrote:

what a thrill ....
On 13/07/2019 12:17, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"I've danced with a man, who's danced with a girl, who's danced with the Prince of Wales "
--
Max Demian

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 23:04:47 +0100, Max Demian wrote:

It's quite interesting compiling a list of degrees of separation from other people.
I did a few...I'm only one person away from Helena Bonham-Carter, Aldous Huxley (yes, I know he's now dead), Sarah Keith-Lucas, John F Kennedy and Harold Wilson and a few others who are well known. Oh, and Henry the bloodhound.
Most of us have similar if we put our minds to it.
On 13/07/2019 23:50, Bob Eager wrote:

Just put my mind to it and the answer was Kenneth Noye.
--
Adam

can't say that I know anybody, who knows "somebody"
Of course it going to easier for those of you who work in broadcasting
tim
On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 12:54:59 +0100, ARW wrote:

Why am I not surprised?
SWMBO's grandmother was a friend of Mother Kray. And her cousin's uncle was a driver for the Krays.

well I know someone when went to Queenies Garden party
tim
On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 11:58:51 +0100, tim... wrote:

Yes, me. See above! Not very exclusive - 8000 each time.
On 14/07/2019 12:06, Bob Eager wrote:

I wonder if that's more or less exclusive than declining to be invited.
--
Robin

I don't think that it works that way
you ask the right person if they can get you an invite
tim
On 14/07/2019 13:47, tim... wrote:

Various organisations get a ration of nominations.
--
Robin
On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 13:47:01 +0100, tim... wrote:

I was given the invite by work. Hard to refuse, but it was fun! Except for the thunderstorm - it was the one where several guests were taken off in ambulances after a lightning strike.
On 14/07/2019 14:02, Bob Eager wrote:

We were blessed with glorious weather, not too hot, just perfect given the dress code etc.
Only, minor, downer in our case was we had to reschedule a trip to the US which, originally, was planned to include a trip to Dayton.
We travelled up to London in the morning, I'd booked a room at my club, we changed their, went to the GP, back to the club for dinner and the night, then home the next day.
--
Always smile when walking, you never know where there is a camera ;-)

Remarkable Coincidences:
On Sunday, 14 July 2019 14:47:47 UTC+1, Brian Reay wrote:

I didn't know Premier Inn did a frequent traveller club.
Owain
On 14/07/2019 14:21, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

Perhaps he liked their fruitcake as well.
--
Spike

why
just tell they that you are already committed that day
if you really don't want to go
tim
On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 20:41:59 +0100, tim... wrote:

It was a work day. Anyway, why not?

we were discussing the person who hypothetically (perhaps as an anti-royalist, or perhaps just an unsociable bugger) doesn't want to go
tim