Sir - is that a sign of age

A Masonic handshake might help.

Reply to
Spike

why

just tell they that you are already committed that day

if you really don't want to go

tim

Reply to
tim...

well I'm sure that how my colleague got one

tim

Reply to
tim...

It was a work day. Anyway, why not?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Oh dear, you really are bitter and twisted Spike.

A whole range of Companies, Organisations, Government Departments, Charities, ....... are are asked to nominate people as well as their being particular direct invitations. Companies, Organisations etc often use them to recognise someone who has made a particular contribution etc ;-)

Reply to
Brian Reay

we were discussing the person who hypothetically (perhaps as an anti-royalist, or perhaps just an unsociable bugger) doesn't want to go

tim

Reply to
tim...

Bumper sticker in San Francisco many years ago. "Have a nice day but f*ck off and have it somewhere else"

Reply to
billyorange007

So those that don't leave the house are Brexiteers now ?

So why do you say that those that didn't leave their house to vote should be counted as remainers ?

Anyway I don't believe it has much to do with kebabs. There's a newish resturant opened near here claiming to do the better sort of kebab german it seems.

I haven't had one yet,in fact I haven't had a kebab this year yet, nearly had one saturday but at 11:30pm on my way home the traffic was so slow that I gave up and got off the bus 2 stops early and couldn't be bothered walking another stop for a kebab. I had a cockle sandwhich instead.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Wagyu beef it ain't...

Reply to
Custos Custodum

:-)

Princess Anne, in my case. In fact my wife has been introduced to her three times. On the third occasion, after a gap of more than 25 years, the PR said "I've met you before, havn't I". I think that deserves a little bit of respect. (It was in a horsey context).

Reply to
newshound

My wife nearly got run down by him in a carriage driving event (her fault). He said "Get out of the f****ng way".

Reply to