Shower mixer doesn't shut off bath flow completely

Hi, hope you can help.

I have pretty standard bath taps with a mixer switch for diverting the water flow through solely to the shower. It's possible to direct water towards either the taps or the shower, but a significant stream still flows through the other.

Is there an easy DIY remedy to this?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Reply to
Moi

Take it apart, find out what's wrong and fix it ;-)

-- John Stumbles

-+ If a job's worth doing, it'll still be worth doing tomorrow.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Yes, unscrew the divertor gadget and relace O-rings and/or washers in there. If you live in a hard water area this may not be easy... My neighbour couldn't get his back in due to scale so hit it with a hammer! he bent the spindle and then got me to change the whole tap assembly ... not cheap.

Reply to
BillR