Shower Help

I have a Combi Boiler Worcester 28CDI or something, currently I have a Gravity Fed Power shower, the combi is split to heat the copper tank thing every day.

Unfortunately due to some home maintance (the missus having a change around) the tank has wither got to be moved into the roof space or be got rid of.

I have stripped the shower room, and was told that a Combi can not run a Decent Mixer, upon looking at b&q, this is correct.

Now the crunch question, I can't stand Electric Showers as the flow rate is not good enough to clean the missus, so will the combi flow rate be also poor???. Should I go to the trouble of installing a tank and copper thingy in the roof space and use a power shower, or go for the simple combi mixer solution????

I will wait all night for your friendly advice

Many Thanks Phil

Reply to
Phil

Wow the spelling mistakes, repost... I have a Combi Boiler Worcester 28CDI or something, currently I have a Gravity Fed Power shower, the combi is split to heat the copper tank thing every day.

Unfortunately due to some home maintance (the missus having a change around) the tank has either got to be moved into the roof space or be got rid of.

I have stripped the shower room, and was told that a Combi can now run a Decent Mixer, upon looking at b&q, this is correct.

Now the crunch question, I can't stand Electric Showers as the flow rate is not good enough to clean the missus, so will the combi flow rate be also poor???. Should I go to the trouble of installing a tank and copper thingy in the roof space and use a power shower, or go for the simple combi mixer solution????

I will wait all night for your friendly advice

Many Thanks Phil

Reply to
PhilÅ

Another error it is a 24CDi not 28!! Boo Hoo...

Reply to
PhilÅ

"PhilÅ" wrote in news:bm4j9d$ircqv$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-133922.news.uni-berlin.de:

poelpe can raed it if you get the frist and lsat ltertres rgiht, so dont fert udnuly

mike r

Reply to
mike ring

Bklloocs! ;)

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Don't fret, the combi will be fine. It will have around 2.4 times the flow rate of the best electric showers. It won't run a huge multijet panel shower, but will provide excellent performance on a standard mixer. If you don't have frequent baths, and don't require multiple showers at the same time, you have no need for the tank.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

no they can't - that myth started with a simple PHP script on a website that jumbled up the letters :) The english language is too varied for that to be successful - it relies on context and experience in constructing sentences instead, plus there are too many words that have entirely different meanings with only a single letter change.

Witchy

We've got a Vokera Linea28 (90,000btu combi) running a Mira Excel mixer and it does it v.nice indeed.

It's a balanced valve so when someone flushes the bog or turns a tap on there's no change in flow or temperature - you just need to make sure you have the correct valve installed in the mixer......low pressure for gravity fed systems and high pressure for combis.

cheers

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

Witchy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I bet you could

mike r

Reply to
mike ring

Many thanks.

The boiler I have is a 80,000 BTU so should be ok, about twice the power of a electric one I hope?? This isn't being too optimistic is it???.

I am puzzled about the showers now, just looking at b&q (

) I was assuming the ones marked Combi compatible are the ones to look for???

Reply to
PhilÅ