power/electric shower

In our house, the bathroom is situated on the ground floor.

We have a combi-boiler that heats the water when you turn on the shower. The water pressure is quite high and the shower is hot.

When I lived in a previous house, it had a power shower that pumped the hot water from an imersion tank. The power shower was great but the hot water from the tank didn't last very long.

I'm looking at replacing the bathroom in the current house and would like the best of both words - instant hot water (no imersion tank) but also the power of a power shower.

I was wondering.......

Could you fit a power shower pump on the shower input and the pass the hot water from the boiler through the pump and into an electric shower unit. The water would be heated by both the boiler and the electric shower.

I guess the only problem would be the speed of the pump. Too fast a flow and the boiler / electric shower couldn't heat the water sufficiently. Too slow and the water would be very hot.

It's a shame that no one has done a mini heater unit that could fit under the bath that would heat the water and which contains a powerful pump with say a digital controller (like the controllers on an electric shower) situated on the wall in the shower that could be used to control the exact temperature.

Graham

Reply to
Graham Wilson

You can't put a pump on the mains water. Yoiu have answered your own query: "The water pressure is quite high and the shower is hot." Just use the combi with a decent shower mixer.

Why the hell do you want to mix a cheap to run gas combi and an electric shower? If you want high flow rates, then buy a high flowrate combi. Look at:

"Worcester Greensrtar 40HE Plus Condensing Combination Boiler. Output - 11.4 - 39.1 kW . 38,900 to 133,409 Btu's High - 850mm Wide - 440mm Deep - 360mm Weight - 46Kg Domestic Hot Water Flow Rate - 16 L/min Built in fault diagnostic display. SEDBUK Band - A

97% Efficiency Condensing In DHW Mode Price Includes Flue, Clock and Delivery. Price ex VAT: £1,160.00 £1,363.00 Including VAT"

or..

"Worcester Greenstar 35HE Plus Condensing Combination Boiler. Output - 7.4 - 27.2 kW . 25,200 to 120,000 Btu's High - 850mm Wide - 512mm Deep - 360mm Weight - 53Kg Domestic Hot Water Flow Rate - 14.3 L/min Built in fault diagnostic display. SEDBUK Band - A

97% Efficiency Condensing In DHW Mode Price ex VAT: £993.00 £1,166.78 Including VAT"
Reply to
IMM