shower cabinet problem

Im trying to reassemble a shower cabinet - two glass walls in a corner job However it seems like the shower tray may be out of kilter (or the walls aren't straight) - either way, if the sides of the shower butt up against the wall, there is a gap where the two glass sides of the shower meet. This is not good, as the weight of each glass panel, where it connects to its vertical mounting strip, is borne by just 2 1/2" self tappers.

The shower tray is not a single piece - it's a tray with two sides, but I have not yet, and cannot see a way, to get inside or under it. If I do, is there likely to be any levelling mechanism, and if not, what are my options ? ta B

Reply to
billy

The tray almost certainly stands on feet on threaded rods, allowing them to be moved up and down.

Packing under the edges of the tray.

Reply to
Huge

Spirit level on the tray to see if its level..

if its level put some strip on the walls to make them vertical.

if its not level use packing to level it, You may need a board under it depending on if its self supporting or not. Most self supporting ones have some means of leveling if it hasn't been chucked.

If its already fitted and not level packing the walls may well be the best solution technically but not necessarily good for looks.

Reply to
dennis

I have just re-fitted our en-suite with a new tray and quadrant enclosure. It allows for up to 30mm adjustment for out of true walls. Two vertical channels are fixed to the wall, then the enclosure if fitted in these channels. The enclosure can then be pulled out / pushed in as necessary. Is this different to yours?

Reply to
Slider