Shorter shower hose

Hi,

I have recently installed some new taps which have a shower hose attachment. The taps come supplied with a 1.40m hose and I need a much shorter hose - more like 80 cm - as I am not using it as a standup shower. But nowhere seems to stock such an item (always between 1.25 and 2 metres). Any ideas on where I can get a shorter hose?

thanks Mike

Reply to
Lamb

Can you remember which shop? Have looked for el cheapo but shortest I've seen is 1.25 metres.

Reply to
Lamb

Yes, but it's a nasty, cheap, PVC hose... Tre Mercati part 842, 8mm bore, 1m length with a standard coupling nut each end. All of £3.88

Stange that it's only the el cheapo one that they do this short, all the better ones are 1.5m or more.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Blaver

Reply to
L Reid

I'll resist the temptation :-)

I would have thought that a 1m shower hose is a little short to be practical, but that's what the OP wants...

Lee

Reply to
Lee Blaver

Why would you want a short hose?

- I already have a separate shower unit but I have some bath taps with a showering hose attachment that I want to use when sitting in the bath, but I don't want 1.5metres of hose in the bath with me.

Reply to
Lamb

So what do the shop fitters use when the fit out a hairdressers? They usually have short hoses for the basins.

Reply to
John Rumm

I got a 1m hose from a merchants (Slough Plumbing & Heating aka Renaissance Bathrooms in Reading) who looked it up in a big loose leaf catalogue and ordered it for me. Try your local merchants especially the non-chain ones.

-- John Stumbles

-+

Reply to
John Stumbles