sharpening a circular saw blade

Can a blade like this be sharpened by someone like me?

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

No. A job for the saw doctor. I would guess you could post it off to a sharpening service, or ask a friendly joinery shop when the saw doctor's van comes to collect and return cutters.

TW

Reply to
TimW

They can... you can get sharpening gadgets for them, or some people use a their table saw to do it - usually with a old saw blade with the teeth ground off, and abrasive stuck to the side of the blade, plus a jig you support the blade to be sharpened on a sled that rides in the table saw slots.

Loads of youtube videos on various techniques.

Reply to
John Rumm

The only price for sharpening a 100T blade I have come across was £18 + VAT so for that blade would be better mended with a new one.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Yes. With a diamond file, provided the teeth are not chipped or damaged. 100 teeth will take you some time.

Reply to
wasbit

Thanks John.

Bill