Setting up as an electrician

Hi all

Just after a bit of advice really. I want to set up as a self-employed electrician but am unsure of what is involved. I am a time served electrician already (I worked in heavy industry for

11 years as a maintenance technician) but have been working in IT for the past 7 years, and want to revert back doing domestic work and the like. I have 15th edition quals but this obviously needs updating, so what is it i need exactly? It looks like I need to get 16th edition qualified (C&G 2381) and Part P qualified (C&G 2391), but is there anything else I need to get back into the game? (Apart from the desire to leave a desk job tapping keys for a living!)

Cheers

Steve

Reply to
oldskoolskater