Re-training to be an electrician

I know this has come up before and I've had a quick rummage through some of the older posts but:

  1. Is it possible to re-train in the evenings

  1. Presumably some sort of practical experience is also required

  2. What sort of salay could you expect to start with and how would it rise with time

I've got a B.Eng in electronic engineering so have some knowledge that might be useful - does the qualification help?

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Evans

Not in itself, but it means that you will have no trouble whatsoever with any of the concepts and could be an advantage when setting out in business if you use the letters after your name.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Yeah, I spotted an early post were you said you had one!

I've got a PhD as well - fat load of use that will be.

Reply to
Andy Evans
1) Availability of courses depends on where you live and what level you want to achieve. A C&G on 16th Edition IEE regs ia an absolute must. Ask at your local college. 2) Again it depends on what you want to do but yes, practical experience is required. 3) Look in your local papre or job centre for salaries. With an electronics background, try looking at control engineering such as BMS or PLC's. They're a growing field.
Reply to
John

yes most local colleges will do evening courses, 16th edition and testing and inspecting courses would be a minimum

Loz

Reply to
lozc34

| |Andy Evans wrote: | |> I know this has come up before and I've had a quick rummage through some of |> the older posts but: |>

|> 1. Is it possible to re-train in the evenings |>

|> 2. Presumably some sort of practical experience is also required |>

|> 3. What sort of salay could you expect to start with and how would it rise |> with time |>

|> I've got a B.Eng in electronic engineering so have some knowledge that might |> be useful - does the qualification help? |>

|> Andy. | |yes most local colleges will do evening courses, 16th edition and |testing and inspecting courses would be a minimum

Your B Eng will be accepted as entry qualifications for most things.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop