leak from washing machine stand pipe

Our Melie washing machine is sending a cup of small wastewater out of the standpipe as it starts to pump out. It's a standard waste standpipe, but the machine waste pipe is larger than the ones we have had on other washing machines. This leades to a tight fit and it also ends with a moulded end so can't be pushed down the standing pipe. I have screwed the waste pipe in place, no change. The pipes are clear as whole drain system replaces this year (also had a look and clean).

Would replacing the stand pipe it with a 11/2 inch pipe help or any other ideas?

Reply to
John

Cut off the moulded end and feed it down the standpipe? - they must be inserted quite a distance or they will blow back and this is what's happening here

Reply to
Phil L

Reply to
John

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 20:53:55 +0100 someone who may be "John" wrote this:-

How did you screw it in place?

The standpipe should be this diameter.

There could be several causes of the problem. As others have said, try putting the hose from the washing machine down further, but make sure it is not below the level of water in the standpipe. I suggest pushing it in say 10cm and trying it.

You may find it goes in too far, so that the water in the standpipe as the machine empties is pushed up the gap between the standpipe and hose. If you can't find a suitable position then the next thing to try is putting something like the following somewhere

this option depends on your current plumbing.

Reply to
David Hansen