Seriously OT: Wide angle door mirrors

Has anyone noticed the blind spot or wide angle door mirrors fitted to the police vehicles seen on motorways? They're much more substantial than the useless things from Halfrauds and the like.

They seem to be either fitted to the leading edge of the door or on top of the existing mirror. Either way they look to be much better than any other add-on blind spot mirror.

Anyone, perhaps we have some police DIY-ers on the NG?, know where to get them or who they are made by.

TIA and apologies from the OT-ness!

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Seriously, why not try one of the driving newsgroups, where one might imagine you'd be a) on topic, and b) have your post looked at by an audience more likely to know? Does Pipex only carry one newsgroup?

Anyway - to supply an answer - I don't know.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Why don't you (Chris Bacon) FOAD!

Reply to
zikkimalambo

What bought on that stupid comment on a serious (and polite) suggestion? Are you really a complete arse, or just having a funny five minutes?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I always use the metal circular type. They work well for me, The horrible plastic ones fade/give poor vision. I would never consider driving a vehicle without them and i always fit them to any new vehicles i get,including my company vehicle. They really are a life and licence saver!

tarquinlinbin

Yes, now my minibus is no more and I'm driving cars again, I'm appalled by the mirror visibility. In actual fact, my Zafira has one of the best car mirrors I've ever used, but it isn't a patch on the van mirrors (Fiat Ducato, with the new style mirrors).

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

'cos this NG has always come up with the goods however OT. Probably because a very wide range of knowledge - not just DIY - is demonstrated and DIY-ers seems to favour the esoteric view of life which suits my questions.

Richard ;-)

Reply to
Richard