Self leveling floor preparation

I want to do something with our small bathroom floor - sheet - or strip vinyl maybe. I really don't want to add the thckness of plywood over the tongue and groove. Is there any sort of semi flexible compound that can be used?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

You can get feathering compound, but they normally recommend that goes over some sheet good. Thin ply or hardboard would do. e.g.

Its what U used over 5.5mm ply here:

John Rumm

When we have our bathroom redone recently and our kitchen some years back, the people who did them used just such a compound. It seemed to be almost like a thin, rubberery cement mix. They just seem to paint it on, having gotten the floor reasonably smooth but anything but perfect.

As I recall, it took 24 hours to dry.

Reply to
Brian Reay