Seat buffers

Wot I've always known them as. A rubber 'foot' that screws on. Originally for between a wood toilet seat and the pan. Most hardware stores used to sell them in a variety of sizes. Usually 4 on a card.

In this case its a foot for an old Quad amp. Held on by a pan head M4 screw. Would obviously replace all four, as I doubt I'd find an exact original.

Search on seat buffers on Ebay brings up modern plastic toilet ones - usually rectangular. And glued on. Or spares for Seat cars.

Thinking I'd get them easily, went to Wickes. Nothing. Looked online at B&Q and Screwfix. Nothing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

eBay "Rubber feet". Loads.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Or "computer feet".

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

They are called feet rather than buffers. Or Bumpers.

Also for furniture:
Most feet for equipment tend to be of the adhesive variety.

Reply to
Fredxx

I tend to scavenge old bits of 'hifi' (cassette decks etc.) and take the feet off them. They typically are fastened on with a machine screw or self-tapper

Reply to
jkn

I don't know about calling them "buffers" but any search for "screw on rubber feet" finds what you want, as opposed to the stick-on variety.

Reply to
Andy Burns

They are often called 'bumpers'. Amazon has loads, some of which are rubber and screw on.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Door stops? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

These will last a while:

Rob Morley

IME experience old ones are hard and/or distorted. New feet aren't necessarily something you think of when tidying vintage kit, but they can add a nice finishing touch.

Reply to
Rob Morley

lookup "hifi isolator feet"

4pcs 40mm Amplifier Speaker Isolation Feet mats HiFi Stand Pad Audio Equipment - £3.35 for four
Adrian Caspersz

Ones I could find are self adhesive. I've already got lots of those. In this case the amp is held on the shelf by the screws which go through the seat buffer.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

You must have a different eBay to me. There are loads with screws, though I imagine there's a lot of duplication.

eBay 132848533234

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Jeff Gaines

Reply to
Andy Burns

Except they're now out of stock. Oh well, there are plenty of similar listings, just not such good value. I already bought some a few weeks ago.

Reply to
Rob Morley