seal/paint for bath panel

I need to construct a bespoke size bath side panel probably from 12mm ply.

What is the groups recommendation for sealing edges and/or surface and what gloss white paint? Exterior grade PVA for sealing? Solvent based paint?

Reply to
alan_m

On 01 Sep 2015, alan_m grunted:

I just painted mine exactly as I did the skirting boards and other woodwork in the bathroom. Satinwood IIRC?

I assume your panel will be like mine, in that it tucks under the top lip of the bathtub? The top edge certainly never gets wet, and the side face doesn't get any more than the occasional drop of water off a wet body as you climb out.

It's not as if you are painting the inside of a shower cubicle or something

Reply to
Lobster

Make sure you use WBP ply, then you can finish it in normal primer, undercoat and gloss.

Reply to
John Rumm