Screwfix seemed to have sorted out their problems.....

Well after finally receiving the last order after over a week, the MD of screwfix finally wrote a letter enclosed with a £50 voucher. Ok I'm easily bought but he did mention that the worst of the problems was now over and orders should be pretty much back to normal. Lets see if today's order turns up tomorrow!! DD

Reply to
Derek Doormer

Carry on ordering, you might end up owning the company if they haven't and keep sending you 50 quid vouchers !.. :~)

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I notice their email offers have started coming again too.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I don't seem to have received a catalogue for a while - my latest one being Vol 76

Do you reckon that they've dropped me from their mailing list? [I only buy from them occasionally]

Reply to
Set Square

I think that's my latest one too - Issue 76, Autumn 2004. .

Alex

Reply to
Alex (YMG)

Just checked mine. No 75 Summer 2004. Will have to get another ordered.

-- troubleinstore Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap Personal mail can be sent via website.

my auction items on eBay & eBid:-

troubleinstore

Reply to
Derek Doormer

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:05:05 -0000, "Derek Doormer" strung together this:

I hate companies doing that, if it's going to be a day late then it's bearable, but to make me wait in for an extra day and lie about it really winds me up.

Reply to
Lurch

Every company policy never to tell the truth. Flannel, and flannel some more. Admit it's 'your' fault and you get sacked.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well if last night/todays performance is anything to go by then they are more than back to normal. Ordered over the web last night, confirmation email timed 21:39. Another email (Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:00) told me that my order "was quality checked and packed at 10:12pm on 13 December 2004 and is now on its way to you." If I'd been in at 1330 today I'd have received it then, just 16hrs after placing the order.

ANC were the couriers BTW, who have an "arrangement" with the local garage. I suspect that as we are 20+miles from anywhere that garage actually collects from the ANC depot in the morning to make use of the return school run and deliver during the day. This saves ANC having a van tied up spending and hour coming in and an hour going out. The garage was not polite about the other courier Screwfix use, no names where mentioned...

Pity the "quality check" didn't pick up the dinge on the edge of the

30mm SDS chisel. Doesn't say a lot for the hardness of the edge if bends quite so easily. B-(
Reply to
Dave Liquorice