Screwfix Gloss Paint

Hi guys

Has anyone used the Gloss paint screwfix sell?

use Dulux but the screwfix stuff is significantly cheaper. Is it any good?

Reply to
diy-newby

Yes - I'm a bit of a quality freak, and it was much better than I expected. I used it for exterior work in new pine, using Screwfix primer and undecoat - and was very happy with it's ability to form a smooth, thin, hard coating.

Reply to
dom

Thanks for the reply. Does it feel like 'budget' paint. Have bought some 'budget' type paint before (basecoat), abliet from B&Q (think B&Q call it VALUE) and it was terrible.

It's for a hallway and banister (9 doors along with skirting). Don't want to paint everything, only to find it is rubbish. Normally use Dulux for gloss but have just seen the screwfix stuff.

Reply to
diy-newby

It suited me. I can't promise it will suit you. Only answer is to paint some test samples.

Reply to
dom

Haven't used that paint specifically, but Leyland in general is pretty good stuff (it can't be compared to the cheapo shed-branded stuff). Lots of pros use it.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Hear hear, Leyland is excellent stuff. Its not worth skimping on paints - I've tried.

NT

Reply to
meow2222