Paint for newly skimmed walls - Dulux Supermatt?

We've had a room skimmed but want to paint it as soon as possible for M-I-L to return from a minor operation.
It would appear that there are special paints which can be used in this situation, e.g. Dulux Supermatt. Are these really necessary? ... and how soon can one actually paint using them?
--
Chris Green
·

On 13/05/2019 19:08, Chris Green wrote:

Screwfix do one which is considerably cheaper https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-trade-bare-plaster-paint-brilliant-white-10ltr/51004
Read the reviews on that page.
Dulux approx £5/litre Screwfix No-Nonsense appox £1.70/lire
Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDSY3sjKoco

I've recently used the screwfix no-nonsense product to quickly paint a few recently skimmed wall and confirm that it covers well with two coats applied around 2 hours apart. Applied quickly with a roller.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On Mon, 13 May 2019 19:08:22 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

Just skimmed? How thick? Room ventilated/heated?
Trying to establish how long the plaster may take to dry.

If you have the time to leave a few mm of skim to dry in heated/ventilated room, say 24 to 48 hours (plastered today paint on wednseday) probably not. I'd use a slightly diluted first coat so the "dry" plaster doesn't suck the moisture out of the paint too quickly, leaving it as film rather than adhered.

Read the instructions?
--
Cheers
Dave.

It is just a thin skim to cover minor blemishes on a sound wall and some new plasterboard drylined walls. It's probably just a few mm.

It's mostly turning to its pale pink dry colour already we can easily wait until it's all pale pink.

If that's all the time a thin skim will need then we can easily wait that long, thanks.

:-)
--
Chris Green
·

Well it can stop the dustiness effect often found in places where plaster has been used, but other than that I'm a little out of touch with current paints. Brian
--
----- --