[SOLVED] scrap car batteries - how much do scrappies pay?

That is not done.

The acid is part of lead smelting anyway - lead sulphide its the usual ore: when visited a big lead smelters in france they were also smashing batteries and it all to the mix and dealing with the acid as part of their general processing.

"Galena, the most common mineral of lead, is primarily lead sulfide (PbS). The sulfide is oxidized to a sulfite (PbSO3) which thermally decomposes into lead oxide and sulfur dioxide gas. (PbO and SO2) The sulfur dioxide (like the carbon dioxide in the example above) is expelled, and the lead oxide is reduced. Anglesite, Cerussite, Pyromorphite, Mimetite and Wulfenite are other lead ores.

Other elements frequently present with lead ores include zinc and silver.[2]"

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Last time I put one in there I was splashed by the rain water at the bottom.

I wasn't able to check it was rainwater, but since my fingers didn't start to hurt it must have been.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

And they shut down Didcot because it was producing too much sulphur?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

No, they shut down Didcot because of Green Politics.

Reply to
John Williamson

or you can leave it by your front gate with a sign saying "please take me". Saves a trip to the dump.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

Leave it with a sign saying "£10, works fine, please knock" and it'll go in seconds flat...

Reply to
Adrian

In message , at 10:58:46 on Tue, 2 Apr

2013, Adrian remarked:

I live in a private cul-de-sac, so probably not. Leaving it by the kerb up on the public street might be construed as fly-tipping.

Reply to
Roland Perry

En el artículo , The Natural Philosopher escribió:

^^^^^^^^

I read that as Marmite.

Need. More. Sleep.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

any time riqarment to any tipe escrep batteries in india ...docoment is compleetly ...plz cont.us

Reply to
azadelectrical50

Yes, mate. Couldn't agree more. At least, I don't _think_ I could.

Reply to
Adrian

I was just thinking the same. Is it arrange these words into a real sentence and win a battery? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

To win a decent prize you'd to have to play more than once and place an accumulator bet.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Ouch. I'm currently experiencing some revoltage in the humour cells.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

We can pay you for your tonnage of batteries not individual but by the tonne and we offer competitive rates and collect, if interested contact snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk for further discussions

Reply to
psrpromotions

rates and collect,

Do you guarantee to pay the price that pertained in March 2013 ??

Reply to
Andrew

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Since the question has been raised from the dead, and I have a dozen UPS and stairlift batteries cluttering a corner of the garage, does anyone know a recent price (not by the tonne)?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Google scrap metal prices. Was quoted 30p/kg the other day, but that might not be typical.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

But that doesn't tell me the "fudge factor" from the price of lead/kg to the price for a battery/kg. If it's that low they can skulk in the garage a bit longer ...

Reply to
Andy Burns