SCR working intermittantly

Hi, I have the B Gas version and it has worked well for a few years. However, occasionally my boiler does not turn off even though the thermostat has told it to and there is no green light on at the SCR so the signal has been received from the transmitter. The fault would seem to be either the SCR is not shutting the boiler down or the boiler won,t shut down. If I leave it on until the next schedule on the programme it then worksOK. Is the SCR at fault or the boiler?

Reply to
eric atkinson

Graham.

So he did. But what has a silicon controlled rectifier got to do with anything?

Reply to
tabbypurr