Save me from Ikea cr*p

e:

ote:

ge

sage

No customers are that stupid surely?

-- =

"A life without danger is a life not worth living" -- Moist von Lipwig

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

te:

rote:

age

ssage

en't just doing one thing all day long.

arge from 0-60% or any other figure but to me it's rather like having a =

0-60 time for a car which is only of limited use.

That was one of the considerations.

voltage on the back of it so I can get the right one to replace it.

Bullshit. You mean they don't want you to change it. Anything can be o= pened.

big to use for a doorstop, people fall over them.

o big for your feet to miss it, but as you say so are door frames.

n PCs of the time.

Yip, another reason they were useless. Tiny screen.

skip from as great a distance as possible.

That's not my problem.

That's BROKEN ones.

hat I heard to pack and ship them, that's how they made theri money NOT = through genune recycling.

We were charged =C2=A320 an item. So I gave away or sold stuff, and if = that failed, I just threw it in the landfill skip.

A student was off to Africa to do research, so had local contacts. They= were taking a van full of equipment anyway, and had space for a load of= computers.

e value that the majority of same age PCs do.

in about 2009. And you couldn't hurl those ones, the handles were too = flimsy.

g it from underneath, there was a small trade in those imacs as cat bask= ets.

Stupid design. I often carried two.

I wonder why that video got thumbs downs?

-- =

I would defend the liberty of consenting adult creationists to practice = whatever intellectual perversions they like in the privacy of their own = homes; but it is also necessary to protect the young and innocent. -- Ar= thur C. Clarke

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

rote:

e:

ote:

ge

sage

n't just doing one thing all day long.

rge from 0-60% or any other figure but to me it's rather like having a 0-60 time for a car which is only of limited use.

So limited then if thats the only time you use it.

So there were others then ... number of seats, top speed, number of doors, colour ?

voltage on the back of it so I can get the right one to replace it.

and anything can be damaged. With yuor skills of size judgement and distance I doubt you;d get the right one anyway.

ig to use for a doorstop, people fall over them.

big for your feet to miss it, but as you say so are door frames.

PCs of the time.

a 9 inch screen tiny, most phones are less than half that.

They weren't broken before they were shipped that's the point.

at I heard to pack and ship them, that's how they made theri money NOT thro ugh genune recycling.

hat failed, I just threw it in the landfill skip.

So what happened to the £20 per item PCs how do you know they are stil l working ? The 50 or so PCs we had I had to take the HDs out of so all the PC had no H D and hence no OS.

value that the majority of same age PCs do.

in about 2009. And you couldn't hurl those ones, the handles were too flim sy.

it from underneath, there was a small trade in those imacs as cat baskets.

why do that ?

pretty shaky video and for doing stuff like that it wouldn't have been too much effort to have a steady camera do the filming.

hatever intellectual perversions they like in the privacy of their own home s; but it is also necessary to protect the young and innocent. -- Arthur C. Clarke

Reply to
whisky-dave

te:

ge

sage

essage

message

aren't just doing one thing all day long.

charge from 0-60% or any other figure but to me it's rather like having= a 0-60 time for a car which is only of limited use.

I didn't say only. Every time I accelerate and nobody is in front of me= .

All apart from the colour, yes.

and voltage on the back of it so I can get the right one to replace it.

right one anyway.

I've never failed to open a device without breaking it.

oo big to use for a doorstop, people fall over them.

too big for your feet to miss it, but as you say so are door frames.

than PCs of the time.

Which is why I use a phone to call and text, not use the internet or wri= te a Word document.

They were in the article. They're talking about recycling unwanted f*ck= ed up stuff that would have gone in a landfill here before they invented= recycling.

Anyway, I've seen plenty pictures of Indians dismantling circuit boards = to get the capacitors, gold, etc.

m what I heard to pack and ship them, that's how they made theri money N= OT through genune recycling.

if that failed, I just threw it in the landfill skip.

still working ?

What? I don't care what they're doing, they're given to other people.

no HD and hence no OS.

I simply removed any data, or reformatted and reinstalled the OS.

sale value that the majority of same age PCs do.

ach in about 2009. And you couldn't hurl those ones, the handles were t= oo flimsy.

ring it from underneath, there was a small trade in those imacs as cat b= askets.

20 of them to take from one end of the corridor to the other. 10 trips = or 20? Easy decision. Although I'd often wait till breaktime and grab = a load of kids to carry them.

too much effort to have a steady camera do the filming.

Only slightly shaky. Youtube can remove that anyway.

-- =

If you believe in telepathy, raise my hand.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

rote:

what is your 0-60 time ?

ors, colour ?

Well at least that makes some sense.

nd voltage on the back of it so I can get the right one to replace it.

ight one anyway.

Doesn't suprise me.

o big to use for a doorstop, people fall over them.

oo big for your feet to miss it, but as you say so are door frames.

han PCs of the time.

e a Word document.

Which the mac classic was fine for a friend did her banking degree on a cla ssic. She preferred it to the IBM and clones of the time.

d up stuff that would have gone in a landfill here before they invented rec ycling.

No this is after inventing recycling in fact some componies that charged mo ney for their old stuff to be collected. It's still happening today and it' ll happen tomorrow and next week. We sometimes call this fly tipping in tha t someone that has been paid to take stuff away and dispose of it properly is lying. It happens les sin the UK with computers because there's a chance the seria l number if found could be traced back.

o get the capacitors, gold, etc.

are they dismantling these working PCs you sent back? Why don't they use them you've said they have for 10 years now. Thing is you don't have a clue where your PCs have gone.

SO you can't know they were used at all. Why give £20 to someone to throw it in the recycling bin can't you do that yourself ?

no HD and hence no OS.

For wqhatever reason we were more sensiative about what was on the HDs so t hey were taken out and NOT given away, I think some were reused in house, o thers were destroyed. we also didn;t want licensed software being left on t he machine s and didn't want to pay the costs of installing ODS's on 50 PC that were to be scrapped.

ale value that the majority of same age PCs do.

ch in about 2009. And you couldn't hurl those ones, the handles were too f limsy.

ing it from underneath, there was a small trade in those imacs as cat baske ts.

Oh I thought this was because smarphone screens are too small so you were u sing two 15" iMacs.

nd grab a load of kids to carry them.

That sounds a much better idea, but then again I use trollies, the largest I have could hold about 8 iMacs. I typically put -12 PCs on our largest tro lly sod walking back and forth carrying 50 PCs with monitors & kb's & mice powe r leads etc..

too much effort to have a steady camera do the filming.

Then he should select that option it can be quite annoying watchb a video l ike that when it could so easily be fixed.

Reply to
whisky-dave

8 seconds.

f doors, colour ?

Ah and voltage on the back of it so I can get the right one to replace i= t.

he right one anyway.

What?

r too big to use for a doorstop, people fall over them.

be too big for your feet to miss it, but as you say so are door frames.

er than PCs of the time.

write a Word document.

Way too bloody small, and not in colour.

ucked up stuff that would have gone in a landfill here before they inven= ted recycling.

ed money for their old stuff to be collected. It's still happening today= and it'll happen tomorrow and next week. We sometimes call this fly tip= ping in that someone that has been paid to take stuff away and dispose o= f it properly is lying.

serial number if found could be traced back.

Who cares what the foreign country does with it?

ds to get the capacitors, gold, etc.

No, I know where they went.

Bollocks, they were hand delivered.

still working ?

o that yourself ?

Because recycling isn't free for companies. Which is why I gave them aw= ay or just used the skip and didn't tell anyone.

had no HD and hence no OS.

so they were taken out and NOT given away, I think some were reused in = house, others were destroyed.

Were you incapable of simply wiping them?

Who gives a f*ck about licenses?

e to be scrapped.

What cost? You just let them sit there for an hour installing.

resale value that the majority of same age PCs do.

ach in about 2009. And you couldn't hurl those ones, the handles were t= oo flimsy.

pporing it from underneath, there was a small trade in those imacs as ca= t baskets.

ere using two 15" iMacs.

An Imac is not useful for anything.

me and grab a load of kids to carry them.

gest I have could hold about 8 iMacs. I typically put -12 PCs on our lar= gest trolly

power leads etc..

ROFL! I used a trolley for some tower Imacs once. The stupid things we= re curved on the side, so they slid off. Quite a few smashed cases. Fo= rm over function, typical Apple shit.

een too much effort to have a steady camera do the filming.

deo like that when it could so easily be fixed.

Doesn't annoy me, not shaky enough. Doesn't your brain compensate?

-- =

Why was the guitar teacher arrested? For fingering A minor.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

rote:

Deoos that mean you arrive 8 seconds early than expected ? I'm just wondering how effective it is in the real world rather than in rac ing senerios where it's obviously important.

doors, colour ?

h and voltage on the back of it so I can get the right one to replace it.

e right one anyway.

Read what you wrote. You have NEVER opened a device WITHOUT BREAKIG it.

Neither of which mattered.

erial number if found could be traced back.

The idea of recyling is to stop waste and hopefully limit pollution. We could have dumped it all ion regents canel rarhewr than spending £1

000s having someone to come and take it way.

s to get the capacitors, gold, etc.

How ? Did you send them back with tracking devices ?

Yeah sure.

re still working ?

do that yourself ?

y or just used the skip and didn't tell anyone.

Soem of those companies are just using the skip too, not recyling and some are fly tipping, of course yuo might have checked out the company to make s ure they arent fly tipping, but hwo do you really check that.

ad no HD and hence no OS.

so they were taken out and NOT given away, I think some were reused in hous e, others were destroyed.

Because theres the chance that someone could unerase them, while some were piut back into use, some were taken out to be wiped, otherwise I'd have to know the login details of each PC.

We doo, if they'd found our PCs being used we could be done for using pirat ed software.

to be scrapped.

The cost of 50 licenses for the OS. which was windows XP at the time which isn't free.

poring it from underneath, there was a small trade in those imacs as cat ba skets.

re using two 15" iMacs.

So why did you have them and why carry them about.

e and grab a load of kids to carry them.

est I have could hold about 8 iMacs. I typically put -12 PCs on our largest trolly

power leads etc..

e curved on the side, so they slid off.

Sounds likem teh G4 towers.

This from someone who trips when wearing shoes, and forgets how tall they a re so hit their head.

en too much effort to have a steady camera do the filming.

eo like that when it could so easily be fixed.

No ones does that's probbaly why it got the thumbs down.

Reply to
whisky-dave

No.

n racing senerios where it's obviously important.

In the real world you are constantly changing speed due to junctions.

r of doors, colour ?

he Ah and voltage on the back of it so I can get the right one to replac= e it.

can be opened.

t the right one anyway.

You missed one negative, the word "failed".

The most important things.

he serial number if found could be traced back.

1000s having someone to come and take it way.

If it's polluting another country, I don't care.

oards to get the capacitors, gold, etc.

They were taken by colleagues personally to their destination and set up= there.

Yes.

are still working ?

u do that yourself ?

away or just used the skip and didn't tell anyone.

some are fly tipping, of course yuo might have checked out the company t= o make sure they arent fly tipping, but hwo do you really check that.

Who cares? I do what's cheapest.

PC had no HD and hence no OS.

HDs so they were taken out and NOT given away, I think some were reused = in house, others were destroyed.

were piut back into use, some were taken out to be wiped, otherwise I'd = have to know the login details of each PC.

Then wipe then properly.

pirated software.

If they're somewhere else, it's not you breaking the law.

were to be scrapped.

hich isn't free.

It was already paid for when you bought the machine.

supporing it from underneath, there was a small trade in those imacs as= cat baskets.

u were using two 15" iMacs.

Because idiots that used to work there bought them.

ktime and grab a load of kids to carry them.

largest I have could hold about 8 iMacs. I typically put -12 PCs on our = largest trolly

ice power leads etc..

were curved on the side, so they slid off.

Yes.

hey are so hit their head.

I don't design curvy cases for things so they can't lie in their side.

e been too much effort to have a steady camera do the filming.

video like that when it could so easily be fixed.

Everybody's does. That's why you can see clearly when on a wobbly rolle= rcoaster.

-- =

The squaw on the hippopotamus is equal to the sons of the squaws on the = other two hides!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

rote:

f a junction.

racing senerios where it's obviously important.

So do buses and cyclists, even pedestrains.

you think banking, finances and the law depend on colour ;-)

e serial number if found could be traced back.

?1000s having someone to come and take it way.

That's your chouce but I wouldn't want to pay £1000s to pollute somewh ere else. This is also what happens with fly tipping a person pays another to safely dispose of their rubbish and you're old TV that you paid the guy £10 t o recyclce ends up in the local stream, why pay a bastard like that when yo u could have done that yourself for free.

ards to get the capacitors, gold, etc.

Did you here about the prisoners in the USA who set up their own PCs from r ecycled parts for illegal activities from inside the prison ?

_to_states_network/

Seems quite a waste did yuo hand delivery them if no, who did hand deliver them ?

away or just used the skip and didn't tell anyone.

ome are fly tipping, of course yuo might have checked out the company to ma ke sure they arent fly tipping, but hwo do you really check that.

So most likely your PC went to fly-tipping.

C had no HD and hence no OS.

Ds so they were taken out and NOT given away, I think some were reused in h ouse, others were destroyed.

ere piut back into use, some were taken out to be wiped, otherwise I'd have to know the login details of each PC.

I did I used a hammer, best way to reformat a drive. Those drives were about 5-10 years old and pretty small most were under 10G B so not a lot of use in todays world well at the time. And it was our software license was on them, we aren't allowed to give away MS licenses for free to anyone and everyone.

irated software.

It's our software so it could be traced back.

ere to be scrapped.

ich isn't free.

No it wasn't as we had a site license.

were curved on the side, so they slid off.

Nice machines in their day I still have one, the cases are nice just a quic k release and the side hinges down, unlike crap PCs where you have to use a screw driver and end up scratching yourself on bare metal edges.

ey are so hit their head.

Why would you want them to lie on their side ?

Reply to
whisky-dave