satelite dish alignment

I bought a cheap Ross package from B&Q so no point spending money having it fitted. I seem to be nearly there with about 90 channels showing but most of them soft p*rn or english speaking foreign channels ( babestation etc).

The info for a channel shows astra/euro so I think I'm on the right satelite and have to increase the reception quality but how? Or am I pointing at the wrong satelite?

AJH

Reply to
andrew

Andrew, if you're after the Freesat channels you have to align the dish to the Astra satellites at 28.2 east.

There's a second group of Astras at 19.2 east with a much more limited range of channels: it's possible that this is the position you've found.

The Astra sats and their respective channels are listed at

- click on the names for full details.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Thanks Bert, it looks like I'm pointing at Eurobird1, more twiddling required.

AJH

Reply to
andrew

Andrew,

Thinking about this some more, I'm puzzled: if you really are on Eurobird 1, as far as I understand it you should be getting the Astra stations loud and clear.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Eurobird1 is at 28.5E, the three Astra2 satellites are at 28.2E, so it's possible the O/P is pointing at 28.8E or beyond, which would give OK signal from 28.5E but poor/none from 28.2E

Reply to
Andy Burns

Unless he has a huge dish, the beamwidth will include 28.5 and 28.2,

It is more likely (IMHO) he doesn't have the details of the freesat transponder loaded into his receiver. if he's getting some stuff from 28.5 then i'd suggest doing a blind scan to see what else is there. Alternatively the OP can transponders having got the details of the freesats transponder from lyngsat.com.

come with a pre-programmed list of transponders, but that does go out of date.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

Yes this seems to have been the case

Again I did that and it found the freesat channels.

AJH

Reply to
andrew