sanding decking ?

Not quite correct title .... Just put down the last board on a decking project:

Will be treating all wood with Liberon clear Decking Oil, just a thought, the first boards went down 3 weeks ago and are already a noticeable difference to last boards that went down last night.

It might be worth me lightly sanding surface prior to oiling ........ sandpaper is out due to profile pattern in boards .... is there any brush or similar that can be used ?

Was thinking that maybe a 'soft' wire brush

a Google showed up some options..

or

Anybody tried this, or have alternative suggestion .....

Reply to
Rick Hughes

It will soon get covered in algae so not worth worrying about. I clean mine with a power washer now and then.

Reply to
harryagain

Wouldn't worry about it.

Looks nice BTW :-)

Reply to
Charlie

Brilliant job - well done!

Quite common. Moisture content & UV light exposure. Leave it for a week or so & it will even out.

Bear in mind, it's made from dead trees :-) It's not supposed to be exactly the same all over....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman