Safe disposal of two old spec patio doors.

Just done a DIY installation of pair of French Doors. Now looking for a safe, legal way to dispose of two patio doors 4' wide and wood/aluminium framing. Am

80 years old pensioner seeking assistance for a modest fee. Living in B90 Postal area (Shirley, Solihull) Any ideas please?
Reply to
Malcolm1938

Depends what you mean by a modest fee. My local council will collect such things for a fee.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Measure the glass and put on your local freecycle group, gumtree and preloved.

You never know someone might like the glass and happy to take away the whole thing for free.

Reply to
Fredxx

or Freegle

Robert

Freegle Freecycle Gumtree If all else fails, pay a licensed waste disposal company to take them

NT

PS if you ebay stuff you could always offer them for 99p.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Solihull Council *won't* collect doors, windows, fishtanks or anything more than 50% glass.

Any allotments near you? Someone might take them for a cloche or potting shed.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

+1 for eBay, I sold some very large wall mirrors for £10 each on eBay last month having failed to give them away via all the other routes mentioned!
Reply to
Robert