Patio doors

I've picked up some patio doors and not sure if I can fit them under building control of course.

What are the relevant BS numbers or markings would I need. The only one I can see is BS6206 which I believe is associated with glass and safety.

Are there any additional requirements?

Reply to
Fredxx

The most important bit is are they toughened glass? This is the crucual bit.

If they are old double glazed, they may not meet the current Part L regs, in which case, fit them and don't tell anyone! As far as anyone knows, they've been there forever...

Reply to
Tim Watts

My mother tripped and fell through our old French doors, which turned out not to be toughened (I thought they were). She wasn't that badly hurt (a few stitches in her bum) but she could easily have been killed. All of a sudden, complying with the requirement for toughened glass didn't seem like such a stupid idea.

Reply to
Huge

As a child I walked into my parents' kitchen, closed the door, turned around and suddenly found myself flat, in the hallway, surrounded by glass, but not a scratch on me! It turned out my mum had mopped the floor after the new dog widdled on it. After that the door was replaced and the one to the living room quickly had the glass replaced with plastic.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

BS6206 seems to refer to the relevant safety glass aspect. However I can't find a definitive source giving what marks and numbers I should have on these doors to comply with recent legislation.

Many thanks.

Reply to
Fredxx