rugs

amazing how rug cleaning became a youtube sensation

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

almost as satisfying as unblocking drains ....

jim.gm4dhj

takes me back to unblocking a few during mt career..very satisfying it was

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Its always been obvious that you were into shit.

Reply to
Rod Speed

indeed ron

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

Perhaps 40 years ago, we had a blocked drain.

The local council offered a service and a man turned up in about 30 mins.

He gave a poke with his rods, cleared it, jumped into the man hole, emerged with a stone covered in ‘muck’ “ There’s the problem, probably been there years.” Emerged, his jacket covered in ‘muck’ borrowed a hose to rise down the manhole, asked for the fee ( I think £30) and left- still covered in muck. His coat was caked in layers of dried muck from previous jobs.

I’ve never seen anyone happier in his job.

Reply to
Brian

It's true ...being bored of dealing with shopping centes and an airport in Building control when a guy arrived at the office looking for plans of his drains because they were blocked I told him that they probably wouldn't help..... I offered to visit the property.....his weans has stuck tin cans down a manhole he had left open.....he had rods down the drain but was hitting a dead end...so I asked him to measure the length of the rods and I measured out to the spot on his massive front lawn ....I told him to start digging...he hit a concrite slab....I asked him to lift the slab....and there was a six inch Buchan disconnecting trap with the top piece blocked with tin cans....he rmoved the cans and everyting started flowing again.....I told him he should extend the top piece to ground level and fit a hit and miss grille at the surface...he was over the moon and when I met him in B&Q years later he couldn't thank me enough again...not to mention Tommy Hughes GM3EDZ turning up at the office with the same problem.....

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

These days the cause of blocked domestic sewers is wipes which are flushed down toilets. From the little I've seen this usually results in a circa £100 bill to get someone out to unblock.

Reply to
alan_m

But for some unknown reason never married or even shacked up.

Reply to
Rod Speed

A rig to me is a slang name for a wig.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It's also a horse which has been gelded but still shows characteristics of a stallion, i.e. it's not been completely gelded.

Reply to
Chris Green