Rubbish disposal, government regs and local councils

Not at all. Now why did I just know you were going to say something like that...

May be you ought to document that some how, then slowly start doing more work from home. When "they" start to get nasty, point to to the increased productivity and happier worker...

That'll be about 2025 then...

Shift is a PITA, just get settled into one pattern and it changes. I've never done shift or the 9-5. I've always done iregular hours, any time of day, any day of the year. Beggers up your social life even more than shift as it's totaly unpredictable but "weekends" midweek are very handy.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Of course. I am more focussed on objectives and results rather than the time taken to achieve them.

Therefore the discussion is much more based on agreeing the objectives so that they will take a time that I find acceptable in relation to the remuneration.

This seems to be the case throughout the media industry and independent of country. As you say, it comes with the turf

Reply to
Andy Hall

The Times described Oxford and Cambridge as "Britain?s most academicaly demanding institutions" today :-(

Owain

PING Dave L:

S'OK, so it's an old thread...

Just thought you might be interested (or not) to know that I've put me paternity leave to good use. Re-arranged things, now have waste paper box outside kitchen door, door unlocked most of the day. That helps, it's now trivial to toss the paper/boxes straight out into the right place. Making things easy is the key...

Complemented that with a mouldy bucket for lobbing vegetable peelings into

- that goes onto the compost pile every few days. Come spring I might have something brown and nutritious for the roses...

Assuming they live. One of the buggers, with the *big* thorns, whacked me in the back on the way to the compost bin, so it got butchered in a vindictive revenge attack with the secateurs - ungrateful sod that it was ;-|

I reckon vegetable peelings/melon skins etc are a large proportion of our waste. We'll see how it goes...

I think what's left is *vast* amounts of plastic wrappings and ali foil wrappers/cans and tin cans, and nappies, but that's transitory, and odd scraps of food waste unsuitable for compost.

Still don't know why the dozy council don't extract the metal themselves, sure it must be worth it...

Regards,

Tim

Reply to
Tim S