Rotten Apple?

In message snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk>, John Rumm snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.null writes

At this stage, it asks for Username and Password. Enter them and it says "Cannot Sign In. Your Apple ID must be used to setup iCloud on an iOS or OSX device before you can use iCloud for Windows." I have tested what happens if I enter the wrong password here. It says Incorrect Password as expected.

This is basically where I have got to many times, and why I gave up.

I only revisited it because I know John is trying to help.

In both the real and virtual machines' Start Menu I now have an iCloud Photos option. Clicking this brings up a Download and Upload icon in what appears to be a subfolder of This PC. I can drag and drop into either of these folders, but can't make head or tail of whether the file has gone anywhere.

I really must stop wasting any more time on this!

Reply to
Bill

I suspect that in this case you would need to sign in using your Son's apple ID - that would probably circumvent the catch 22 you find yourself in.

Reply to
John Rumm

Just tell him to send it an other way and shove his apple.

Reply to
FMurtz

Magic way forward is to distance yourself from anything apple and not kowtow,If he wants you to see photos he just has to do what the rest of the family does

Reply to
FMurtz

I'm not sure why yuo didnlt try migration assistant first, from the apllications/utilities folder. The n you can select thin gs to copy or not to copy over, it doesn't give you detailed options but things like photos, apps, documents, network setting, desktop etc.

Personly I'd forget about using icloud to start with, unless you had the PC set up with it previously.

A friend that uses my Macmini for backup and uploading to youtube complained that copying videos from photos to the desktop was tacking ages 30 mins plus. What he was doing was copying videos from photos to the desktop of his icloud account, rather than the computer desktop, he was also backing up his ipad and iphone to his icloud account that was full.

Well I can understand that, some componies don;t want comments from people that don't use their products.

Reply to
whisky-dave