Robbed from another newsgroup

Paintshop Pro verion 9.01 Full package and no trial basis

ben

Thanks, I'm giving it a try.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I hope your anti virus software is up to date before you do.

Reply to
BeeJay

And...

Reply to
ben

Seeing as the link goes to Corel's server (who now own Jasc the developers of Paint Shop Pro) I doubt its going to be a problem - a

107MB download will be though for users not on broadband.
Reply to
Matt

Wouldn't touch that one. It's hooky...

-- Adrian C

Reply to
Adrian C

I know that's why I gave the warning about virus software :)

Reply to
BeeJay

Nope. It's not been paid for....

-- Adrian C

Reply to
Adrian C

My AV is up to date and running all the time. Why on Earth that question should be put is not understood. Unless the asker has had problems by not having up to date AV :-)

I also have broadband, the download took about twenty minutes but I was doing other things on-line at the time so it was irrelevant.

I'm not daft.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

beware of geeks bearing gifts.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Be careful then. It's my understanding that a company called Media Sentry...

largely responsible for tracking a lot of the illegal piracy/downloads. Pretty much all the major software houses have signed up to them and they are wruthless in their pursuit.

You'll probably find that you'll get a shot across the bows warning e-mail from your ISP first, but you can easily get a large fine.

I know of one guy who's been clobbered with a 5 grand fine and in the States they were prosecuting a 12 year old...

RedOnRed

Excuse my ignorance but why would a developer leave a (copyrighted?) commercial product on a server accessible to download by anyone?

AJH

Reply to
sylva

Because it would seem this IS a TRIAL as I found out early this morning judging from the 'read me' in the JSC folder, 60 days apparently.

Oh well it'll please the narkers.

Reply to
ben

You have to go to Corel's home page to see that they're only offering a trial version.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
Mark A

OK so it's a legitimate download which you pay for later?

I only ask because I'm looking for some intelligent software for stitching together some 360 degree panoramas I took from the tops of some walks in the highlands, but I don't want to spend too much time or money on it.

What's them?

WeEed or is it "sawdust and hay"?

AJH

Reply to
sylva

The bit about the 60-day evaluation period comes later, under the heading "Evaluation Version Information", and again later, under "Term", there are some statements beginning "If the Software Product that was distributed to you was labeled as an evaluation version or try & buy version (or its functional equivalent)..."

There doesn't appear to be anything that states that what has been downloaded *is* an evaluation version.

Reply to
GlintingHedgehog

This is very common. Most software is available for donwload with some restrictions for free like this.

Only if you want to. Or you can stop using it... most likely it will stop you itself.

Try 'Autostitch' from .

It's totally free and pretty much automatic.

Reply to
PC Paul

Money you shouldn't have to spend, but time you may need. Have a look at Ulead Photoimpact. I got version 6 from a supermarket for a tenner a couple of years ago and have still only scratched the surface of what it's capable of.

think there's loads of free stuff out there that will handle stitching, probably even something that came with your camera?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

try GIMP free (libre & gratis)

DJC

The link from the homepage to the free trial is not the same link that was posted here. The former also requires a log-in; the one that was posted here doesn't. That's not to say it definitely isn't a trial, just that I can't find anything on the website or the program itself which indicates that it is.

Reply to
GlintingHedgehog