Thermostatic Shower Valve Response speed

I have a recently installed thermostatic shower valve. If I change the temperature setting from 38 deg C to 30 deg C, there is a delay of 5 to 6 seconds before I feel any difference in the temperature of the water in the shower. Is this reasonable?

Reply to
DaveHJH

The message from "DaveHJH" contains these words:

How else would you expect it to work?

There's a fair bit of water in the boiler unit, then there's the length of the pipe to the shower head - both of which add up to several seconds delay. To have an instant effect the heating element would have to be just behind the holes in the head, which would be silly.

Reply to
Guy King

I think you misunderstood - it isn't an electric shower, just a thermostatic valve fitted to the hot and cold supplies - no water heating involved at all.

Reply to
DaveHJH

If it is off a combi or any mains pressure system, then install a pressure equalising valve in the hot and cold to the mixer. These react fast to any imbalance between the hot and cold. The mixer may already have one inside. Check. If not fit one.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel