Request for information: Longshot

Hi, Having picked up a fully working VHS video recorder for a couple of quid from a jumble sale, I am in need of a remote for it. Unit is a Sanyo VHR 291e Would anyone know what the reference number for the remote please or where I could find the information ?

Reply to
the_constructor

You could try CPC

or this might take you to the right page

would probably do you a 'compatible' control - even if they didn't have a replacement for the original.

If their website doesn't help (and I can never get _my_ head round it

- even after they re-designed it !) then try phoning them - they have helpful tech people and more stock than they show on the web.

HTH Adran

Reply to
Adrian

SJP

Get a "one for all" remote:

for pennies on ebay.

They seem to have codes for every conceivable TV/video/DVD, and if they don't have one in the manual (downloadable) then they have excellent phone support, and can often provide codes for unpublished appliances too.

David

Reply to
Lobster

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "the_constructor" saying something like:

Have a look at the CPC/Farnell website, you might be lucky. Failing that, a good universal remote might do all the functions you need.

Grimly Curmudgeon

Try Ebay..its amazing that people with broken (or stolen) recorders often find the remotes will fetch a few quid..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

universal remotes are =A31 from poundland

NT

Reply to
meow2222