Replacing R7s Flood with LED

One of my external flood lights has failed ? instead of just replacing the R7S lamp, think I?ll upgrade to LED flood. I need IP65, black, bracket mount

Not sure on the power rating ?. Existing lights are 300W which is stated as 4,800 lm So do not want anything less, and getting a bit more light output would not be bad.

Thinking maybe 70 or 100W LED ? typical range of 7,500 lm to 9,500 lm

Does anybody care to recommend a good make of LED flood ? ?? they seem to range from £35 to £150 ?.. don?t want to buy rubbish, but also not overpay for an item

Reply to
rick

TLC 100w claims 7700 with a 120 degree beam. £86 plus VAT. They don't generally sell rubbish.

You'll need 60 watt to at least match your tungsten.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I have four of these in different sizes:

satisfactory, no issues after several months.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Thnx ....

It is TLC floods that I will be replacing, they were cast aluminium black finish .... outside has degraded badly, most of paint finish has come off,

Reply to
rick

A 300 watt halogen flood, on for an average 4 hours per day costs about £86 per year in leccy. So after just 1 year you will be saving money.

How many of them are there ?

Reply to
Andrew

Sounds like the surface was not sealed first before plating or painting. Do you live near the sea, that salty air can wreak havoc with basic paint jobs. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Whatever you get, do pay attention to the screws you use on outside mountings. In the old days screws seemed to last for years outdoors, but the rubbish you get these days seem to go rusty as soon as they are used.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Does any paint finish last forever outdoors? However, the cooler running LEDs may be better.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

There is no 'ed' at the end of 'brass'. :-)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

I fit Osram LEDVANCE on my private jobs.

Choose your own colour and wattage.

The 50W 4000K would be a reasonable match for what you have got, so if you want brighter then they do 65W

Reply to
ARW

4 of them ...... only on intermittent use ..... a few minutes a week.
Reply to
rick

yep right on the coast ..... interesting that 1 of the 4 has not deteriorated - maybe better pain job

Reply to
rick

Everything I mount outside I fix with SS screws ..... in particular find SS pan head self tappers have a good coarse thread and grip very well.

Reply to
rick

Thnx

Reply to