Replacement TRVs

Looking to replace TRVs and the lockshield on two radiators in the next few days - before switching on heating.

This is as simple and undemanding a situation as any - basically bedroom and bedroom-used-for-storage-and hobbies. So super-good looking not worth paying over the odds for.

Suggestions for best value currently available - easy places for me are Screwfix & Toolstation. Need to be standard angled ones. And I simply don't want to pay significantly more than I have to but don't want to end up with problematic ones that do not work proeprly or have badly cut threads, or whatever.

Rod

Reply to
polygonum

At a tenner for Drayton TRV4s, why risk cheaper?

Andy Burns

looks like it may be a copy, quoted brand 'KARTELL'.

I was going to look at the toolstation one but it looks like they've recently made a change to their site and images don't appear w/o flash so I'm out.

Reply to
fred

I wondered that after posting the link, I'd followed a few "similar items" after searching the other day, there certainly are some Drayton branded ones on eBay for £10.75 delivered.

Andy Burns

I was just starting to write exactly the same thing, and then your post arrived!

There are other look-a-likes around too.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

drop-list, but it only updates after selecting the bottom one too.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yeah, that's a bit pricey.

On the original query, despite the unchallenging application and limited budget, I'd advise the o/p not to buy unbranded for this job, IME they don't last as long and are more likely to leak, then you end up with buy (and drain down) twice. Mid range branded should be in the 15-20quid range so a pair is still pretty small beer.

Reply to
fred

I have a dozen or more Danfoss RAS C2 Combis here. They've been on for something like five years and have done the job with no problems. Fit them either end and you can adjust the valve for direction of flow to suit.

Saw some on Ebay earlier when I was checking on behalf of daughter.

Seconded. I've been fitting them for years and they feel good, and I sometimes come across decades-old Danfosses which are still working OK, unlike many other brands.

Reply to
YAPH

Danfoss RAS C2 it is, Screwfix £16.39 so far from the most expensive!

Many thanks.

Rod

Reply to
polygonum

Less than that on Ebay.

a) Does that include the lockshield? b) Can I get that for tomorrow when I will be doing the changeover? c) If not, is it enough lower to make me wait?

Not that I could see - unfortunately - with P&P the price difference is either small or negative for most.

Reply to
polygonum