Hive TRVs - can each TRV be scheduled separately?

I have a Hive system with a single room thermostat. The house is quite large and we don’t use all the rooms, those we do use tend to be used in a fairly predictable pattern.

While most radiators have preset TRVs and I turn down the ones in the spare bedrooms only used when we have visitors etc, adjusting the others everyday to ‘follow’ our daily routine is a step too far.

Looking at the Hive TRVs it SEEMS you can have a schedule for each TRV, which can override the main thermostat and demand the boiler on if needed. Can anyone confirm this is correct please- ie they have it working?

Also, what is the max distance between the TRV and the Hive hub (I assume it is the Hive Hub, if not the controller).

Reply to
Brian

The Hive TRVs as you say can demand heat and you can heat one room, several rooms or all rooms and setting individual temperatures. The TRVs communicate with the main thermostat not the hub directly. I have found that the TRVs override the thermostat settings despite being advised not to have a TRV in the same room as the Hive thermostat we do have that arrangement in our lounge and I find that the TRV wins out all the time. You can adjust the TRVs manually, or with the app but the most convenient method is to use Alexa, simply tell her which TRVs and what temperatures you require. If your thermostat is already communicating with the hub now fitting the TRVs will not affect that.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Thank you.

I only plan to add Hive TRV heads in some rooms where I have existing TRVs, which doesn’t include where the existing stat is.

What about distance? The geometry of our house is a bit unusual. The main thermostat is central and the furthest TRV is probably 10m away.

Reply to
Brian

I cannot say what the maximum distance would be, our house is a bungalow and the furthest TRV is about 6m away and behind two breeze block walls and so far I have had no problems with communication with the main thermostat.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Thank you.