Radiators & TRVs

I'm looking to swap out a couple of radiators and TRVs in a few weeks time.

Has anyone used the Screwfix rads & TRVs. Are they value for money and do they perform OK?

If not, can anyone recommend another source?

Reply to
Goonerak

a few radiators from them, stelrad most recently.

each time the delivery was from the local plumb center - but prices were about 60% cheaper than the published plumb center price. hth

Please reply to the newsgroup - it's not my email address in the header!!

Reply to
Baffie

Baffie wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yes, I bought a double two years ago, the valves were both chrome and had fixed knobs, so the lockshield is not obvious, the radiator is fine.

I'm thinking of getting more

examples - discounted heating, 1200x600 double stelrad is 138+vat, screwfix is 63 quid inc vat, BHL - a firm I've dealt with and like - stelrad K2 same size £83 ex vat.

God knows what plumb**** charge over the counter, I saved buckets last year renewing my DHW with BHL, but I think they've upped their prices since then.

But I went to my local plumb**** (can't for the life of me remember which plumb***) for a quick recovery tank, was horrified at the price, ordered from BHL, nice chap called Lee, talks and takes orders on the phone, saved a bundle, got the delivery next day from the same plumb****, in their van, with their delivery note, got the money paperwork some time later from BHL, it's a funny old world.

HTH

mike

Reply to
mike ring

I bought the trv (AltriA make) and within 2 years 3 of 5 developed a leak around the top. (plastic insert where pin operates valve split). I have now replaced them with terriers. radiators are okay though.

Dave

Reply to
dave

In article , mike ring writes

Weird, elite K2 is 89+vat at the mo but the 1600x600 is 138 but see your point.

, ta bookmarked.

Reply to
fred

I'd go for quality branded TRVs. They will cost more but last longer. 'Shed' TRVs tend to have a life of only 5 years or so.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Get a well known branded make unless you want to be replacing them every 6 years or so.

Not much in it really, £5-replace every 5-6 years, £15-replace every

15 years.
Reply to
EricP

I bought a whole house full of rads and TRVs from them recently. All the rads arrived in perfect condition, as did the TRVs.

Don't be tempted by 'cheap' TRVs - I was and they all jammed closed after about 2 days.

Reply to
kmillar