Replacement Blades

I have one of those cheap window scrapers that uses 'Stanley Knife' blades. The only difference is that the blade supplied in the scraper has a hole (approx 8mm IIRC) in it to latch onto a lug on the scraper body. I bought the scraper from Screwfix (part no. 17656) earlier this year and they do not stock replacement blades. I can use a standard Stanley type blade but because these do not 'latch', they keep coming out and this could prove dangerous! Does anybody know of a supplier of this type of blade? Somebody obviously makes them but I cannot find any.

TIA

John

Reply to
John

I can't help you with the specific blades, but

will sell you a hundred standard blades for not much more than tuppence. Astonishingly the ones they supplied were clearly marked Sheffield, rather than Guangdong. They sell 8mm drill bits, too...

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

P.S. holding blades down with your fingers whilst you press down with a hand held drill is not an appropriate method...

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I was in "Wilkinsons" today and, in a bored moment while senior management was looking for something, I strolled down the tool isle. Total tack but I noticed these very blades- first time I've ever seen them.

Reply to
Brian Reay

I suspect that the knife blade is not much softer than a HSS drill bit.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Does that still mean they were made in Sheffield, or is it just a registered TM these days?

Reply to
Grunff

Thanks for that, Wilko's here I come!!

John

Reply to
John

I'd have to look again to see if there was a "made in" as well.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle