Removing rust spots on Kitchen Sink

We've got a small rust spot in our acrylic kitchen sink (from leaving a baking tray in there for too long). Is is possible to remove it (the rust spot, not the tray :-) ) ?

Reply to
Mark Carver

A few drops of hydrochloric acids ("Spirits of Salts"), washed off with water. Don't get it on your clothes.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Lemon juice?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Test it on an unbotrusive area first, incase it has some nasty effect on the finish or colour.

I have a tube of Jenolite Jelly which is Phosphoric Acid in a jelly. I bought it from a car parts shop about 30 years ago as a rust remover. I have used it on lots of things for removing rust stains, including cloths. No idea if you could still find it, but there's probably some equivalent Phosphoric Acid product available. Again, test on an unobtrusive area first.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Try leaving the area covered in genuine coca cola??

Reply to
James Salisbury