Rust spots in new plaster

We removed a picture rail when we had our lounge plastered. We are getting ready to paint but there are rust spots along the wall where the old nails were. Do we need to seal the rust spots to keep them from bleeding through the paint or will that not be a problem? If we do need to seal, any recommendations? Thanks for any help!
On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 03:25:41 -0700, brenda wrote:

==================================The rust spots are probably where the old nails have been left in place. If there aren't many the best solution would be to gouge out some of the stained plaster, remove the nails if possible but if not then paint each nail with a bit of oil-based paint. Finish off with Polyfilla.
Alternatively you could look for a stain block paint in B & Q etc. and see if it's suitable for this purpose - i.e. painting over rust-stained plaster. They're usually intended to cover damp stains but might work on your rust stains.
Cic.
--
Using Ubuntu Linux
Cicero wrote:

Paint the plaster with a white oil based undercoat.
On Sep 9, 11:25 am, snipped-for-privacy@gogetcreative.com wrote:

Hi,
Should be OK as long as the wall doesn't get damp.
Also try asking on the 'talk forum' on the Screwfix website.
cheers, Pete.