Slate Floor Tile Suppliers?

Anyone got a recommendation for cheap but good quality source of slate floor tiles for a conservatory floor? Approx 12m2 required.

Of course I'll do the normal google/yellow pages trawl but if anyone has any pointers I would be grateful.

TIA,

Alex.

Reply to
AlexW

There's no such thing, unfortunately. Introduce the word "relatively".

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Stonell...

Andy Hall

Wickes do them - seem pretty cheap to me - no idea about the quality though. Anyone got any experience of these ones? ...was planning on using them myself.

Andy

Reply to
Pecanfan

I bought a single pack not long ago specifically to tile an external doorstep. I've never done any slate tiling before so it's hard for me to judge, but well, slate is slate and they seemed fine to me, even if my technique wasn't :-(

Reply to
Lobster

Nicholls and Clarke. They may also trade as Nicobond. Try

They do various different slates, I used a rustic chinese slate ( everything comes from there now doesn't it?!!! ) which I believe goes by the name of Harvest Time, something like £14 per sq.yd. I think they deliver if you want that.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

I giot te best deal locally - Smith and Wareham Bury St Edmunds. 'Montauk' about 25 -27 a sq meter of greeny grey slate well riven and honed.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Cheers. Looks like some nice stuff on this swish site.

Alex

Reply to
AlexW

Checked out Wickes ... about £16 per m2 for the record.

Thickness seemed more variable than I expected and I have not yet compared to other samples etc for relative quality.

Cheers,

Alex.

Reply to
AlexW

thank for the info ...

Alex.

Reply to
AlexW

It's worth going to a showroom if you can. They often have special deals and not all they sell is very expensive, although some is.

I would definitely get some sample pieces and lay them down and look for a few days.

The other thing is to decide on tile size. Larger ones are more expensive per unit area normally, but can make a room look larger.

Reply to
Andy Hall