Remove black polish from brown shoes

Petard.

Reply to
djc

If the shoes have been previously polished with a wax polish, the stain will probably wear off soon enough.

Reply to
djc

Well, having chopped down a pillar with one on sunday, I'll stick with the old and trusted

But ... the way this NG is going, it could well be a feather duster

Reply to
geoff

And, let me guess, ... doesn't really make a very good job of cleaning shoes

Reply to
geoff

Or How do you remove black shoe polish tat your mother in law used on your brown shoes.

Reply to
millie

I've successfully stripped finish from good quality leather boots using white spirit and very fine wire-wool. If you're gentle you should be able to remove the black without taking off a significant amount of the original brown. Or apply lots of clear shoe polish with a stiff brush then wipe it off with a cloth - this will take a few goes but definitely won't damage the original finish.

Reply to
Rob Morley

The OP has probably bought a new pair of shoes in the intervening 6+ years!

Reply to
The Other John

But it was effectively a new question that happened to be tagged onto an old post, so forgivable I think. :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley